2014-2015 NFL Combo Mock Draft

От всичко по много

2014-2015 NFL Combo Mock Draft

Мнениеот Go_Bucs » Нед Май 10, 2015 11:32 am

Как би се развил драфт 2015-та, ако драфт клас 2014 и 2015 бяха обединени.

1. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Jameis Winston, QB, Florida State === The Texans passed up on Jadeveon Clowney in the 2014 NFL Draft because they didn't consider any of the quarterbacks to be franchise-level players. That wasn't the case the following year, as Jameis Winston was Tampa Bay's guy all the way. He would be the pick if the two classes were combined.

2. Tennessee Titans: Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon === The Titans would stick with their quarterback selection as well. I'm sure Jadeveon Clowney would be extremely tempting, but Tennessee fell in love with Marcus Mariota throughout the pre-draft process, so I'm confident that the team would stand by the Oregon quarterback despite there being a pass-rushing superstar available.

3. Oakland Raiders: Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina === We have a trade! I'll discuss why the Jaguars dealt this pick in a bit, but there's no doubt that the No. 3 spot in this combo draft would have generated some serious interest because of Jadeveon Clowney's availability. The Raiders selected Khalil Mack a year ago, so the need was there for a pass-rushing outside linebacker.

4. Jacksonville Jaguars: Blake Bortles, QB, Central Florida === When Britt McHenry isn't yelling at car-towing employees, she's doing some solid reporting. She revealed a year ago that the Jaguars would have chosen Blake Bortles over Jadeveon Clowney, had the two prospects been available. That happened to be the case in this combo mock, so the Jaguars were able to move down and pick Bortles, all while acquiring another asset - most likely a second-rounder.

5. Washington Redskins: Greg Robinson, OT, Auburn === The Redskins surprised some by picking an offensive lineman at No. 5 overall, but if they were inclined to go in that direction, perhaps they would've chosen the more-athletic Greg Robinson over the safer Brandon Scherff. Robinson's ability to play both tackle positions would've made more sense for a team selecting in the top five.

6. New York Jets: Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson === The Jets were planning on taking Amari Cooper if he fell to them at No. 6, and they would've considered Kevin White if Leonard Williams hadn't been available. Sammy Watkins is a better prospect than both Cooper and White, so the Jets would've drafted him, if they had the chance. Brandon Marshall won't be on the Jets much longer, while Eric Decker is just a No. 2, so Watkins would have been an awesome, long-term upgrade.

7. Chicago Bears: Khalil Mack, DE/OLB, Buffalo === As you can see, the 2014 NFL Draft was far superior to the 2015 version - at least at the top - as five of the seven initial players are from the former class. The Bears signed Pernell McPhee this offseason, but Khalil Mack would have been way too good to pass up at this juncture as a franchise-caliber pass-rusher to get after Aaron Rodgers, Matthew Stafford and Teddy Bridgewater.

8. Atlanta Falcons: Dante Fowler, DE/OLB, Florida === Finally, a 2015 prospect who isn't a quarterback. Despite what Mel Kiper and Todd McShay might think, the Falcons were very happy when they saw that Vic Beasley was still on the board. However, the No. 1 pass-rusher in the 2015 class was the currently injured Dante Fowler, who would've also been a great fit in Atlanta's defense.

9. New York Giants: Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M === Again, let me be clear here - this is not a re-draft. Otherwise, the Giants would take Odell Beckham Jr. in a heartbeat. Actually, he wouldn't even be available. I'm taking into account the order in which these prospects were selected and how they were rated around the league, so what the 2014 players did in the NFL in rookies has no bearing. With that in mind, the Giants would've gladly chosen the top-available tackle to bolster their troublesome offensive line - just like they did in the 2015 NFL Draft.

10. St. Louis Rams: Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M === Yet another 2014 prospect, making it seven of 10. Sounds like a Borg drone. At any rate, the Rams would've gladly chosen either Amari Cooper or Kevin White had either been available at No. 10. They didn't mind the Todd Gurley selection, but a dominant downfield presence like Mike Evans would've been the preferable option.

11. Minnesota Vikings: Amari Cooper, WR, Alabama === I was tempted to go with Anthony Barr here to allow the Vikings to keep the player they actually drafted a year ago, but Amari Cooper would be ranked higher on their board. Minnesota was going to look into DeVante Parker had Trae Waynes not been on the board, so Cooper obviously makes sense as the team's new No. 1 receiver.

12. Cleveland Browns: Leonard Williams, DE/DT, USC === The supposed top player in the 2015 class falls to No. 12! We all know now that Leonard Williams wasn't the consensus top prospect, but seeing him fall this far is staggering. He makes sense for the Browns though, as they need help on their defensive line - and not just at the nose tackle position.

13. New Orleans Saints: Anthony Barr, DE/OLB, UCLA === The Saints apparently weren't fans of Alvin Dupree because they passed on him at No. 13. Nevertheless, they are desperate for rush-linebacker help, as evidenced by their second-round selection of an injury-prone player, so I'd have to believe that they would pick Anthony Barr at this juncture.

14. Miami Dolphins: Kevin White, WR, West Virginia === This mirrors Minnesota's pick. The Vikings obtained a better receiving prospect than they were considering, and that's also the case for the Dolphins. Miami was rumored as a candidate to trade up for Kevin White, so I imagine the front office would've been thrilled to acquire him at No. 14 overall.

15. San Francisco 49ers: Odell Beckham, WR, LSU === The 49ers tried desperately to move up for Odell Beckham Jr. last year, but couldn't find a way to do so. Lo and behold, they're able to get him at No. 15 overall in this combo mock. Unfortunately for San Francisco fans, they'll have to watch the many reaches Trent Baalke selected instead.

16. Houston Texans: Brandon Scherff, G/OT, Iowa === This was a very close call for me between Brandon Scherff and Todd Gurley. I mocked Gurley to Houston for months before it became apparent that the Georgia running back wouldn't be available. However, there was no chance Scherff was going to be on the board, and he would have provided the Texans with the exact improvement in the interior offensive line that they needed.

17. San Diego Chargers: Todd Gurley, RB, Georgia === The Chargers traded up for Melvin Gordon, but I imagine they would have given more up in an attempt to secure the superior running back in the 2015 class. That's not necessary in this combo mock.

18. Kansas City Chiefs: Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan === The Chiefs didn't end up addressing the tackle position in the 2015 NFL Draft, but I'm sure they would have if they were able to land someone as talented as Taylor Lewan. Andy Reid won't hesitate to beef up the offensive line.

19. Cleveland Browns: Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma State === I'm sure the Browns wouldn't pull the trigger on Justin Gilbert now, knowing how poorly he played as a rookie. Having said that, he's the pick in this combo mock, partly because Cleveland selected him. Remember that this combo mock doesn't take rookie performances into account.

20. Philadelphia Eagles: Kyle Fuller, CB/S, Virginia Tech === Though the Eagles didn't pick Byron Jones, he was under consideration because he's the type of tall, athletic cornerback Chip Kelly likes. Two better prospects fit that description in this combo mock: Kyle Fuller and Trae Waynes. I have the former rated slightly higher, and besides, he was someone who happened to be on Philadelphia's radar a year ago.

21. Cincinnati Bengals: Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh === I wanted to slot Aaron Donald earlier than this, but teams 15-20 all play a 3-4, so the Pittsburgh product didn't make sense in any of those spots. The Bengals won't complain, as he would fill an enormous hole they have at defensive tackle that went unaddressed.

22. Pittsburgh Steelers: Vic Beasley, DE/OLB, Clemson === I almost combo mocked Ryan Shazier to the Steelers at this juncture, but Vic Beasley beats him out. Either linebacker spot is a need for Pittsburgh, but Beasley is slightly better and provides more positional value. He would've been a much greater steal than Alvin Dupree, and Dupree happened to be an enormous bargain.

23. Detroit Lions: Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina === Here's a real pick that makes sense in the combo mock. The Lions spent the 10th-overall selection on Eric Ebron in the 2014 NFL Draft, so they'd gladly take him at No. 23. I considered Trae Waynes and Melvin Gordon as alternatives, but Ebron wins out by a slim margin.

24. Arizona Cardinals: Melvin Gordon, RB, Wisconsin === FOX Sports' Mike Jurecki reported that the Cardinals really liked Melvin Gordon. Unfortunately, Gordon never made it to Arizona's spot in the real draft, but as you can see, things are quite different in the combo mock. Arizona ended up finding a complement for Andre Ellington, but Gordon was the preferred target.

25. Carolina Panthers: Zack Martin, OT/G, Notre Dame === It may seem unrealistic that a blocker as good as Zack Martin falls to this spot in this unrealistic mock draft, but remember that he was just the 16th-overall pick last year. He was considered a good prospect, but he exceeded expectations. Thus, it would be realistic for him to be available here, if, you know, this mock were realistic.

26. Baltimore Ravens: C.J. Mosley, ILB, Alabama === It was either C.J. Mosley or Trae Waynes for the Ravens, but given Ozzie Newsome's affinity for Alabama prospects, I figured he'd stick with the selection he made at No. 17 overall a year ago.

27. Dallas Cowboys: Trae Waynes, CB, Michigan State === This is a logical spot for Trae Waynes, who was chosen 16 spots earlier in the 2015 NFL Draft. Waynes isn't as physically gifted as Byron Jones, but he's the better prospect at the same position, so he would definitely make sense here.

28. Denver Broncos: Ereck Flowers, OT, Miami === The Broncos are fine with taking the best player available. They never had a shot to get Ereck Flowers in the real draft, but the Miami blocker would be available in the 20s of this sort of combo mock. Flowers would be a tremendous acquisition this late, as he could upgrade right tackle immediately and then move to the blind side at some point down the road.

29. Indianapolis Colts: DeVante Parker, WR, Louisville === A receiver pick still doesn't make too much sense, but DeVante Parker would at least be good enough to warrant Indianapolis eschewing other positions of need for him. There's no doubt that Andrew Luck would've been thrilled with this selection.

30. Green Bay Packers: Ryan Shazier, LB, Ohio State === The Packers were set to pick Ryan Shazier if he fell to them in the 2014 NFL Draft. The Steelers ended up taking him in real life, but it is Ted Thompson who has the last laugh in this fake combo mock draft.

31. New Orleans Saints: Andrus Peat, OT, Stanford === The effect of an injection of a more-talented draft class into a weaker one? The Saints land the player they chose at No. 13 all the way at No. 31. Kind of makes the Jimmy Graham trade lopsided in New Orleans' favor, doesn't it?

32. New England Patriots: Danny Shelton, NT, Washington === No, not Jordan Richards. The Patriots picked up a nose tackle at the very end of the opening round of the 2015 NFL Draft, so here's an even better one.
With The First Pick in The 2015 NFL Draft Tampa Bay BUCCANEERS Selact Jameis Winston, QB, Florida State -"Winners take chances. Losers wait for chances."-Bucs GM Jason Licht on drafting Winston
Аватар
Go_Bucs

Назад към Общи